Monday, June 17, 2013

Assignment #31 Free Choice

   I am going to write about the tattoo that I want to get and will eventually get. I want to get an anchor on my thumb. I know a lot of people will ask why I am getting and if I know what it means. The anchor tattoos have three different meanings. One being the most common which is representing a sailor.
   The anchor tattoo to some people means that they once had something to do with the sea or things of that matter. It has meaning to the sea because a lot of sailors used these a lot when they went off to sea. It is easy to tell if that is what the tattoo represents because of the way it is drawn out. Most people with the sea meaning to this have ropes around them.
   The second meaning that this tattoo has, is religion. It is said that in history when christianity was forbidden some people used the symbol of the anchor to secretly represent themselves. They used the anchor because of the hidden cross that it has. This was often used when the christians would escape from persecuting greeks.
   The last meaning that this tattoo has, is stabilization. The anchor to many people means strong foundation or that they have to a point in their lives were they have settled down. To others it is a reminder to stay well grounded on what they are doing. The anchor tattoo has a lot of meaning and history in it. The reason why I want to get this tattoo is because I want to represent my love for the sea. I want people to see my tattoo and ask me why I got it so that I can let them know that the ocean is my get away. If you click here you will see a little more information and comments on this tattoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment